Poultry Nipple 2 Pack Replacement Parts For The BriteTap® Chicken Waterer or DIY Waterer Projects
- Two (2) replacement poultry nipples for the BriteTap Chcken Waterer or use in DIY chicken waterer projects.
- Comes with two BriteTap gaskets.
BriteTap Poultry Nipple Construction
- Made of sturdy Polyacetal thermoplastic and stainless steel.
- Poultry nipples disassemble for easy cleaning and removal of mineral build up.
How To Replace The Valves In Current Model (#2B) BriteTap Waterers
- Unscrew the old valves and remove the old gaskets.
- Place the BriteTap waterer upside down on a table.
- Place a new gasket into each hole in the bottom of the BriteTap waterer.
- Insert a poultry valve into the gasket and screw the valve into the waterer with your hand.
- Make the last few turns with a wrench. Don't over tighten or you'll damage the gasket.
- Note: Older BriteTap waterers with Model #1 and #2a valves will not need the gaskets included in this kit and should request the proper gaskets when ordering.
DIY Project Installations
- Drill a hole using a 23/64" (9mm) drill bit.
- If installing into PVC pipe, an optional step that improves the fit of the BriteTap poultry nipple is to tap the hole using a standard 1/8" - 27 threads per inch NPT (National Pipe Thread) tap. To do this, draill a 11/32" pilot hole and then tap to create the threads.
- Wrap the threads on the top of the poultry nipple with 2-3 turns of plumbers tape (Also called Teflon tape). This is sold in hardware and plumbing supply stores.
- Insert the poultry nipple into the hole and tighten using your hand or a wrench.
- Note: You will not use the gaskets that come with the poultry valves for DIY projects.
Poultry Nipple Usage
- Install poultry nipple on low-pressure tank fed systems. Do not attach directly to high-pressure main water supply lines or garden hoses.
- Use one poultry nipple for every 8 birds in your flock. Use a minimum of two nipples regardless of flock size to provide a back up if one poultry nipple should clog.
- You do not need nuts to fasten poultry nipples to your water supply tank.
- Poultry nipples can be use for baby chicke, chickens, ducks, guineas and other small fowl.
BriteTap Waterer Valves & Replacement Parts
BriteTap waterers currently sold on our web site use Model #2B valves to match with our current production model BriteTap waterer. If you purchase replacement valves, we will send you Model #2B valves unless you tell us to do otherwise.
Customers who need Model #1 or 2A valves for older model BriteTap wateers should specify the model number they need in the "Other Comments" box when placing an order.
- Model #1 - used on BriteTap waterers sold from August 2011 through May 2012. This type of valve has a straight top and smooth bottom.
- Model #2A - used on BriteTap waterers sold after May 2012. This type of valve has a tapered top and fins on the bottom.
- Model #2B - used on BriteTap waterers sold after March 2013. This is the same valve as 2A but uses a grey cup-shaped gasket to accommodate the larger port hole on a modified version of the BriteTap waterer.